If you plan to be part of our exciting Time Lab, it will be helpful to know the terms we will be using . . .
- Time Travelers: the kids at VBS. Time travelers are put in teams named after the elements in the periodic table (e.g., Team Beryllium, Team Cobalt, Team Copper, Team Silver, Team Gold).
- Time Keepers: Team leaders who guide the time travelers from place to place during VBS.
- Scientists (Dr. Slimestein, Professor Timely, Doc. Time, etc.) Teachers at the Simulation Station lesson time.
- Simulation Station: Rotation site where Bible and apologetics teaching occurs.
- Atomic Assembly: Spot where everyone joins together for the opening and closing assemblies.
- Inventor’s Science and Crafts: Rotation site where kids make crafts, perform science experiments, sing songs, learn memory verses, and explore missions around the world.
- Bits and Bytes Snacks: Site where yummy snacks are served.
- Quantum Leap Games: Site for game time.
- High Voltage Verses: Daily memory verses.
- Animal pals: Friendly animal mascots used to emphasize the key points of each day’s lesson.
- Creature Feature: Daily time during the opening or closing assembly when we marvel together at God’s design of various thematic animals.
- Pre-Primaries: Ages 4-6 years, or age 4 through children who have completed kindergarten.
- Primaries: Ages 6-9 years, or children who have completed grades 1-3.
- Juniors: Ages 9-12 years, or children who have completed grades 4-6.
Hopefully this list will help you navigate the Time Lab when you arrive. Until then, it should give you an idea of some of the great things to look forward to at VBS. We can’t wait for you to join us at Time Lab VBS during the week of July 29 – August 2!